At Lendix, there are 2 types of Lenders: Institutional Lenders (those who subscribe to all projects through the Lendix Fund) and Private Lenders (those who are free to choose the projects that they want to lend to through the platform): you 😉. And for the 3rd episode of our series “The Erasmus of Savings”, we decided to do a radiography of our Private Lenders, who come from 42 different countries! See for yourself if the typical profile meets yours, you may be surprised!
40, the age of savings? 🎂
There is a crowd on Lendix 🌍
Although Lendix projects are strictly European for now, this does not prevent Lenders from all over the world to participate: 42 countries total! Most of our Lenders live in urban areas 🚕.
This is a men’s world 🤷♀️
Let’s talk Loans 💰
On Lendix, a portfolio is considered diversified when it has at least 50 loans of roughly the same amount.
Today, the average portfolio (all countries combined) is of €2,700.
On that graph below, each dot represents a Lender:
On a total of about 12,000 active Lenders:
- 5.5% have a negative internal rate. In other words, these Lenders are losing money at this stage because their portfolio is not diversified enough (they often have lent to one single project, which is now in default),
- 9% have an internal rate between 0 and 4%,
- 85.5% have an internal rate of more than 4%.
We are not robots 🤖
- 320 conversations for the French team (which is also the team in charge of International Lenders),
- 70 conversation for the Spanish team,
- 68 conversations for the Italian team.